Unit 441 Minutes

March 5, 2017

 

In Attendance: Steve Brown Absent: Henrietta Moore

Gary Griesmeyer

Alex Rajala

Bill Julius

David Hopkins

Helen Banner

Demeter Manning

Debra Wilhelmi

 

Alex called the meeting to order at 11:30 AM at the Tumwater Bridge Club.

November 6, 2016 Minutes: It was moved and seconded to adopt the minutes, prepared by Secretary Debra Wilhelmi as distributed through e-mail. Motion Passed. It was suggested and agreed that the minutes be reviewed on-line and if no changes are recommended, then they will be posted to the website.

Treasurers Report: The Unit has $7,986.

Election of Officers:

President: Steve Brown

Vice President: Demeter Manning

Secretary: Debra Wilhelmi

Treasurer: Bill Julius

 

It was moved and seconded to approve the Slate of Officers. Motion Passed.

 

Other Positions on the Board:

Recorder: David Hopkins

Disciplinary Chair: Alex Rajala

Webmaster: Gary Griesmeyer

 

2017 Unit Schedule

Unit Meetings: Board agreed to have a meeting approximately every other month before the Unit games. If there are no agenda items, the meeting will be cancelled. For 2017 there will be a meeting in the following months: Jan, March, May, July, October, and December. The January 2018 meeting will be after the Annual Meeting to elect the officers for the year. In the future, the Board should set the annual calendar for regular and special games in December.

 

March 5, 2017

Page 2

 

Special Games:

         Alderbrook is holding a special game on Thursday, April 13. Everyone is invited to attend.

         Eight is Enough will be held on June 22. Debra Wilhelmi will check with Henrietta Moore to see if she is available and willing to take the lead for this game. Helen Banner offered to assist with this game.

         ProAm will be held on April 27. David will take the lead for this game.

         Eight is Enough Holiday game will be held on December 7.

Debra Wilhelmi will check that these dates do not conflict with any regional or sectional games in the area.

Steve Brown will check with Brad Kalweit to verify the Clubhouse is available.

Vicki Hamende is interested in assisting the Board. She did a great job in sending out an email for the March Unit game. The Board will request she send out email for all the Unit and Special games.

Picnic will be before the August Unit Game.

The November Unit Game will be a one-session SWISS game.

Alex will get Directors for the 2017 games. Directors are paid $50.00 per session unless they are from out of the county, then they get $60.00.

Website: There was discussion on how the results get posted. Gary Griesmeyer is currently posting the scores on the Unit 441 Website. Alex has been sending in the monthly points to ACBL. Brad now has Internet at the clubhouse, so the results can submitted to ACBL from the clubhouse. Gary will work with Alex to learn how to submit the results and points to ACBL.

Bill Julius will look into obtaining a Unit Credit Card for submitting results to ACBL and to use for other purchases as needed (i.e. reserving POW WOW facility).

POW WOW: September 1-4, 2017

Steve Brown has obtained the sanctions for the POW WOW.

Committees:

         Partnership Desk: Helen Banner offered to assist Henrietta Moore.

         Kitchen: Paul Sekulich

         Set-up and tear-down: Bill Julius

         Caddies: Alex Rajala

         Wine: Ralph Wilhelmi

         Daily Clean-up: There will be a sign-up sheet at the club house.

March 5, 2017

Page 3

 

Next meeting: May 7, 2017. Time to be determined. Topics to be discussed:

         Finish up the 2017 Schedule

         Discuss a non-life master sectional.

         Invite Vicki Hamende to attend to discuss communications assistance she can provide.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 12:30pm.