Unit 441 Minutes
January 16, 2016
In Attendance: Cherryl Waters
Meeting started at 4:15 PM at the Clubhouse.
President Cherryl Waters called the meeting to order. The agenda had been sent out in advance of the meeting.
September 19, 2015 Minutes: It was moved and seconded to adopt the minutes prepared by Secretary Debra Wilhelmi as distributed through E-mail. Motion Passed.
Treasurers Report: Treasurer Bill Julius stated we have $7,832. We received a check from ACBL for $839, which is more than last year. We only had 11.5 tables for the last Unit game, for both sessions. The KFC chicken was donated by President Cherryl.
2016 Unit Schedule:
· Attendance at the Unit games has been decreasing. There was discussion about whether there was enough attendance to hold both a 10:30 and 3:30 game. It was discussed holding only an afternoon game that starts at 1:00 PM. There would be both an open game and a 299er game. The 299er game would be dependent on if there is enough attendance. It was moved and seconded to have only a 1:00 PM game for the months of March, April and May. Motion Passed. After we have had three months of just one game, the Board will assess the results.
· There was discussion about whether we should hold Charity games. The first Charity game of the year the funds have to go to the ACBL Charity. After the first Charity game, the Unit can designate where the funds go. It costs more to hold Charity games. Our Unit games cost at $8.00 is already high. It was moved and seconded to charge an additional $1.00 to each player to pick up the cost of the Charity game. Motion Failed. Debra agreed to attend the Monday, Wednesday and the two Saturday games to promote the March Sunday Unit game. The first Charity game will be March 6, 2016.
· We will hold Eight is Enough games on Thursday evening, March 24, 2016 and Sunday, October 23, 2016. Henrietta will be the Event Manager with assistance from Ginger.
We will hold a
Pro Am on Thursday evening, June 23, 2016.
January 16, 2016
Thanks to Cherryl Waters for her presidency this last year. She did a great job. The slate of candidates and roles for the upcoming year was proposed:
· President: Alex Rajala
· Vice President and Pow Wow Chair: Steve Brown
· Treasurer: Bill Julius
· Secretary: Debra Wilhelmi
· Past President: Cherryl Waters
· Facility Manager: Andy Vitalich
· Partnerships and Eight is Enough Event Manager: Henrietta Moore
· Webmaster: Gary Griesmeyer
· PRO-AM Event Manager, Alderbrook Liaison: David Hopkins
It was moved and seconded to adopt the proposed slate of candidates. Motion Passed.
Pow Wow Update:
Steve Brown said he would like to develop a new brochure for the Pow Wow since it will be held in a new location. Andy Vitalich offered to assist Steve. The Board agreed to continue the Wine awards.
Board Items for Future Discussion:
· Should we have a playing Director at the Unit Games?
· Should we have Standby Players at the Unit Games?
· Auditing the Books and Signatures. Debra Agreed to assist Bill in preparing financial reports.
Next Meeting: The next Board meeting will be Sunday, April 3 at 11:30 before the start of the 1:00 Unit game at the Club House.
Meeting was adjourned at 5:30 PM.